Beth S. Rose is a Member of Sills Cummis & Gross, where she is Chair of the Product Liability Practice Group and a Co-Chair of the Litigation Practice Group. She has tried complex product liability cases to verdict in state and federal courts throughout the country. Ms. Rose is the lawyer to whom General Counsel turn when they need an aggressive but practical approach to “bet the company” product liability matters. Clients rely on her expertise to develop successful and cost-effective strategies consistent with their business goals.
Ms. Rose has over 25 years of experience successfully defending complex product liability matters for a variety of regulated products including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, consumer products, foods, chemicals (asbestos, silica and benzene) and construction/industrial machines. She also has experience defending product liability cases which arise from clinical trials and catastrophic workplace accidents. Her practice ranges from single plaintiff cases, to state coordinated proceedings, multi-district litigation and class actions. During her career, Ms. Rose has served as national counsel to several companies, including those in the pharmaceutical, medical device and contract research organization spaces, defending mass tort litigation. She has also served as New Jersey counsel to entities defending complex product liability claims in New Jersey’s Multi-County Litigation system.
Ms. Rose is a member of DRI’s Drug and Medical Device Steering Committee. She is a Master and Board Member of the Morris Pashman Inn of Court in Bergen County. She serves on the Firm’s Management Committee and leads the Sills Women’s Initiative.
Ms. Rose’s experience has earned her recognition in numerous industry publications. She has been highly ranked in Chambers USA® Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business* since 2008. The 2015 edition reported that Ms. Rose “‘is extremely knowledgeable, possesses very good legal skills, is incredibly responsive and diligent, and cares about clients’ issues as strongly as her clients do.’ She is lauded for her extensive knowledge and experience of product liability matters and her strong track record in taking matters to trial.” She was selected for inclusion in the 2015 NJBIZ “Best 50 Women in Business” list, the 2014-2015 editions of Benchmark Litigation: America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys®* and in the 2014-2015 editions of Benchmark’s Top 250 Women in Litigation: The Definitive Guide to the Leading Female Attorneys in the US®*.
- New Jersey, 1987
- New York, 1989
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1987
- B.A., Wesleyan University, with honors, 1984
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1992
Rankings & Recognition:
- Award for Outstanding Advocacy from Medmarc 2015
- Benchmark Litigation: America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys®* 2014-2015
- Benchmark’s Top 250 Women in Litigation: The Definitive Guide to the Leading Female Litigation Attorneys in the US®* 2014-2015
- The Best Lawyers in America®* 2005-2015, Commercial Litigation, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Action - Defendants, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants and Electronic Discovery and Information Management Law
- Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business®* 2008-2015, New Jersey Litigation: Products Liability
- Expert Guides: Guide to the Best of the Best USA®* 2014, top 30 product liability practitioners in the U.S.
- Expert Guides: Guide to the World’s Leading Women in Business Law®* 2013-2014, Product Liability
- Law360’s®* “10 Most Admired Product Liability Attorneys” in the Nation 2010
- LMG Life Sciences®* “Life Sciences Star” 2012-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell®* AV rating
- NJBIZ®* Best 50 Women in Business 2015
- New Jersey Law Journal’s®* “One of the Outstanding Lawyers among Women and Minorities” 2003
- New Jersey Law Journal’s®* “40 Under 40” 2002
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®* 2005-2015, Class Action/Mass Torts and Personal Injury – Products: Defense
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®* “The Top 50 Women Super Lawyers” 2009-2015
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®* “Top 100 Super Lawyers” 2011
- Who’s Who Legal: The International Who’s Who of Product Liability Defence Lawyers®* 2012-2015
- Ms. Rose has been quoted on the front page of the Business Section of New Jersey’s The Star-Ledger regarding her approach to handling complex cases.
- Member, DRI
- Member, Drug and Medical Device Steering Committee
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Litigation Section/Class Action Committee
- Co-Chair, Mass Tort Subcommittee of the Class Action Committee (June 2000 – April 2005)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Product Liability Section
- Member, Essex County Bar Association
- Chair, Product Liability Subcommittee (June 2000 – July 2002)
- Morris Pashman Inn of Court
- Board Member (June 2004 – present)
- Master (September 2004 – present)
- Barrister (September 2002 – September 2004)
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel
- Board Member, Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey