Premises Operations (including Advertising & Personal Injury)
Premises and Ongoing Operations Coverage responds to claims made against you by people injured at your business location or while your employees are working outside of your office, laboratories, or manufacturing facilities. Examples can include:
- Bodily injury to visitors at your location, most commonly slip and falls to guests and visitors
- Bodily injury and property damage caused by employees while visiting off-site locations
Personal & Advertising Injury coverage is intended to respond to accusations such as libel and slander or disparage another organization’s product.
From cubicles to clean rooms, the life science industry works in a vast array of environments. Your property is critical to your operations. Berkley Life Sciences understands the dependence on such property and how the loss of or damage to such property will affect your operations. LS Prime’s® property insurance is designed to address a wide spectrum of property and income loss scenarios.
- Changes in Environmental Controls to sensitive research and development property
- Protection against loss of scientific animals
- Challenging valuation and recreation of research and development property
- Scientific instruments and resulting equipment breakdown losses
- Clean rooms, biosafety labs, and high-tech manufacturing facilities
- Life science companies are increasingly exposed to political risk as they manufacture or distribute products or conduct research and development overseas. Political risk insurance for life science companies is essential coverage to address exposures, whether it is to protect the continuity of a clinical trial or to ensure that perishable products reach their destinations in time and intact
Our team is experienced in analyzing property exposures and the potential for loss of property, specifically for life sciences. Our claims and risk management teams are dedicated to ensuring a specialized approach for any loss caused by flood, fire, spoilage, or other factors.
Commercial Auto Insurance
Whether you own or lease a fleet of vehicles, rent vehicles while traveling, or your employees occasionally use their own cars for work, automobile insurance is a critical part of any commercial insurance program. Automobile accidents can result in significant liability for a company, either through bodily injury or property damage claims.
A comprehensive program such as LS Prime®, is critical to managing your automobile coverage. Berkley Life Sciences is able to offer an expansive list of coverages often overlooked:
- Employees as Insureds
- Fellow Employee Coverage
- Employee Hired Autos
- Rental Reimbursement
- Waiver of Subrogation, Additional Insured, and Loss Payee extensions
A company may say that its most important asset is its employees, and that is what makes Workers Compensation coverage more than just a compliance issue. Berkley Life Sciences will help you manage claims and resolve issues with injured employees. With extremely low caseloads, our Resolution Specialists are able to provide extra attention when handling claims.
Our Global Personnel Protection coverage extends to cover your employees from bodily injury while traveling outside the United States. It also provides:
- Travel Assistance/Political Evacuation Services
- Medical Assistance Services
LS Prime® offers standard fidelity coverage and limits with the option to customize based on your requirements.
Standard coverages available through Berkley Life Sciences include:
- Employee theft
- Forgery or alteration
- Inside and outside the premises – theft of money and securities
- Inside the premises – robbery or safe burglary of other property
- Computer and funds transfer fraud
- Money orders and counterfeit money
- Fraudulent impersonation
Liability claims resulting in multi-million dollar verdicts against life science companies are not unusual. LS Prime® can add an additional layer of protection to your liability insurance program or help you meet contractual obligations to maintain specified limits of insurance for coverages such as General Liability, Employer’s Liability, and Automobile Liability.