Kelly Lippincott is a Partner in the Alexandria office of Gordon & Rees. She focuses her practice on insurance coverage, product liability, and professional liability. Her clients include insurers, manufacturers, distributors, lawyers, title agents, real estate agents, and insurance agents who rely on Ms. Lippincott to defend civil lawsuits and develop ways to avoid litigation.
Kelly has first-chaired dozens of jury and bench trials in federal and state courts in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. She also has argued before the Maryland Court of Special Appeals. In addition, Kelly’s experience as a plaintiff’s personal injury lawyer brings a unique understanding of her defense work.
In the area of insurance coverage, she has advised insurers on an array of matters and defended insurers in federal and state courts. Kelly has litigated disputes involving property coverage, life insurance coverage, and additional-insureds, as well as other areas of coverage.
In product liability suits in federal and state courts, Ms. Lippincott has represented a wide variety of manufacturers and distributors.
Kelly has successfully tried professional liability cases brought against realtors, insurance agents, and attorneys. She previously served as chair of the Professional Liability Section of the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys.
Before entering private practice, Kelly clerked for the Hon. Patricia A. Broderick of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. During law school, Kelly served as a student attorney in the Criminal Justice Clinic, both representing criminal defendants and prosecuting criminal matters in the Maryland District Court for Montgomery County.
- Successfully tried an insurance coverage matter in U.S. District Court for Maryland regarding a professional liability policy.
- Successfully defended a product manufacturer in a wrongful death claim.
- Obtained dismissal of a matter against an insurance agent for allegedly obtaining inadequate insurance coverage for a client.
- Successfully defended an insurance carrier for an alleged breach-of-contract claim.
- Product Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- General Liability
- Professional Liability
- Civil Litigation
- District of Columbia
US District Courts
- District of Columbia
- District of Maryland
- Eastern District of Virginia
- Western District of Virginia
US Court of Appeals
- Fourth Circuit
- American University, Washington College of Law, JD
- Drew University, BA
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Chair of Professional Liability Section, 2010–2011
- Defense Research Institute, Membership Vice Chair of the DRI Products Liability Committee, 2012