Carolyn Taylor is a member in Clark Hill PLC's San Diego office. Her practice, while focusing primarily on the defense of medical devices and pharmaceuticals, includes representing clients in toxic and mass torts. She served as National Coordinating Counsel for a major defendant in the Latex Glove Litigation. Since 2005, Ms. Taylor has served as National and Local Counsel for a generic drug manufacturer in the HRT, Quinine, Reglan and Darvon litigations.
She has defended manufacturers with claims involving products such as oxygen regulators, hip implants, thermal wands, surgical plates and taks, stents, laser devices, pacemakers, pain pumps, cold therapy units, nerve monitoring devices for non-invasive surgical procedures, cardiac monitoring devices, dental instruments, implants and devices used in oral surgery procedures, braces and prosthetic devices.
She has also represented manufacturers and distributors of wheelchair lifts, wheelchairs, food supplements, exercise equipment and recreational equipment.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 1992
- B.A., Colorado College, 1983
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- United States District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Middle and Eastern Districts of North Carolina
- California State Courts
- California, 1992
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Defense Research Institute
- American Inns of Court
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated – Martindale-Hubbell
Speeches, Publications and Email Alerts:
- "MPP Victorious in Tenth Circuit on Issue of Federal Preemption of Warranty Claims," Email Alert, September 5, 2013
- ABA Life Sciences Legal Summit, February 27, 2014
- CLM Annual Conference, March 2015, Panel Presentation